I know wedding days can be insanely busy for photographers. I get it, I really do!! Before you know it, eight hours have gone by and you haven’t had so much as a bite to eat or a sip of water! Not okay people!! And because we are your BFFs, we are going to give you the top 5 snacks to get you through those wedding days!
You are there photographing the moments that matter. From the initial lacing up of the dress, the first look, the first kiss, all the way to dancing under the stars. You have to be on your A-game for all of these things and as much as we want to act superhuman, the reality is that we need food and water to survive! To be the best photographer you can be, make sure you are finding time to sneak in a few snacks and to drink All. The. Fluids!! If water isn’t going to cut it, stock up on electrolyte drinks and slam as many of those bad boys as you can throughout the day!
Before you even strap that camera to you, start your morning with a filling breakfast. A packed smoothie full of healthy fats (frozen avocado is amazing for this), berries, frozen spinach, almond butter, and almond milk. Hell, throw some hemp hearts or chia seeds in there for good measure! Some version of that and you are already ahead of the game, my friend! Maybe even some gluten – you know – to fill any empty corners. A couple of pieces of Wonder bread and it’ll fill ya right up!
So now that you have started your day off right, don’t forget to show up prepared. Extra batteries and all of your lenses of course, but also snacks and water.
The top 5 snacks to pack to get you through the day:
- Protein bars – they are easy, they are full of good shit, and they come in about 100 flavors! Maybe raspberry cheesecake is your jam. Something super chocolatey perhaps! A simple peanut butter blend. Find your flavor and stock up!
- Raw almonds and/or trail mix – you can throw a handful of these in your mouth and run, but they’ll legit give you that tiny boost you need until you can find time to do it again!
- Protein powder and a shaker cup – this works wonders if you have a quick lull around lunchtime to slam it back which will keep you going!
- Fruit and veggies – a crispy green apple or maybe some carrots and hummus are great for nutrition and hella quick!
- Beef jerky – as if the meaty goodness wasn’t enough, the instant sodium hit is a bonus!
And I know you don’t want to miss a thing at the reception, but when it’s time for the vendors to eat, get it in ya! There is a 99% chance your couple has factored you into their headcount, so don’t let that delicious food go to waste!! This will also give you a minute to sit back and absorb the day. Revel in all of it; the beauty, the love that is everywhere you look, and the humbling knowledge that these people chose you to capture the most important day of their lives.
Badass photos by the one and only Stacey Krolow!
Badass Assistant to the CEO
Pepper – Your Badass Business BFF Inc.